After making my date, almond and cocoa energy balls I have been on a mission to make more, different ones! I whipped these up today for the week ahead but I’m not sure that they’re going to last for the whole week. I added Biogen Iso-Whey to bulk them up a little bit and the cinnamon macadamia nut butter gives them a delicious flavour. I eat these as part of a snack or with tea when I’m feeling like something sweet. Let me know what you think!
Coconut Protein Balls with Cinnamon Macadamia Nut Butter
Makes: 24 balls
400g dates, dried and pitted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 sachet Buttanut cinnamon macadamia nut butter
1/4 cup raw cocoa
2 tbsp Biogen Iso-Whey
1/2 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
1. In a food processor place the dates and the coconut oil. Process until the dates are fine in texture.
2. Add the nut butter, cocoa and iso-whey and process until combined.
3. Roll into balls, roll in the coconut and place on a tray.
4. Freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Once frozen for 30 minutes, roll again in the coconut.
6. Line a container with wax paper and place balls into the container.
7. Store in the fridge.